High Octane Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Magnetising Multi Option Miniatures!

Reply to topic    High Octane Forum Index » Miniature Painting and Terrain View previous topic
View next topic
Magnetising Multi Option Miniatures!
Archaic

Post Magnetising Multi Option Miniatures! Reply with quote
here is how i magnetised my crisis suits weapons for maximum effectiveness and minimum required memory and/or marking. i imagine it would work with all similar models (ie weapons mount to either side) and defintitely if you are doing a unit that has multiple options for the entire unit.

to business:

1st, drill weapon where it connects to the attach point and glue in a magnet

2nd, drill hole in attach point, place second mag onto 1st, place glue onto the "outer" surface of the magnet (what will be the inside), place weapon with magnet into the hole.

3rd, remove the weapon by sliding it off the magnet DO NOT PULL IT OFF

4th, attach magnet to weapon opposite the drilled side,

5th, see 2nd and 3rd

you now have a weapon that has the "correct" orientation on both arms of your model, and can be attached to either one.

to prepare a new weapon, drill the attach point on the weapon, place the magnet on the arm...glue on the magnet, weapon on the arm...voila a second weapon that fits both arms.

to prepare a second mini, just follow steps 1 thru 5, using one of your already finished weapons.

your weapons will now work with both minis!

notice how i never said mark the magnet, that is because the first magnet determines the orientation of all others through the magic of magnetism.

this will not work (the both arms thing) with all weapons, only ones that attach the same way regardless, and not things like burst cannons that have a definite attach point on 1 side and not the other. those weapons will have to be marked to differentiate left from right.
Wed May 04, 2016 8:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    High Octane Forum Index » Miniature Painting and Terrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: